Fishing in Dubai
Fishing is one of the most liked out-door activities in Dubai. Dubai residents and expatriates both enjoy this sport throughout the week and especially over weekends. Each fishing trip is full of excitement, fun, adventure and learning more about Dubai and its waters.
In each trip you have bright chances of catching huge amount and kinds of fish which include: Fluke, Bluefish, Flounder, Striped Bass, Blackfish, Porgy, Barracuda, Sherry, Sultan Ibrahim, Hammour, small Shark, Kingfish, Cobia, Qabit, Nagroor, Tilapia and Hammour. Common fishing spots in Dubai have been highlighted towards the end of this article.
Equipment, accessories and value added services can be availed on hourly or long term bases. Companies such as DubaiFishing arrange all those for you and make your fishing in Dubai experience memorable. Standard fishing equipment and accessories include fishing rods, hooks, reels, bait, and so on. Value added service vary depending on the size of the group and duration of the fishing trip.
Fishing boats and yachts available at DubaiFishing are equipped with high-end facilities and manned by professional captains and crew. To spice up your trip additional activities, such as coastal cruising, water sports, music, fun as well as refreshment are also arranged depending on the duration of the trip. If need be pick up and drop off from and to your hotel or residence can also be arranged.
These trips are ideal for families, tourists, groups of friends, parties, fun and adventure – all in the middle of the sea for deep sea fishing and adventure.
Things to Consider
To enjoy fishing, UAE residents can be acquired fishing license from UAE municipality by paying annual fee of recreational fishing. Also remember the fee may vary from emirate to emirate. If you are a tourist then you can get a short-term fishing license with the help of you fishing tour company e.g. DubaiFishing.ae. If you are an expat then you can acquire fishing license by presenting your passport copy with valid residence visa and a passport-size photograph when applying for the license.
If you wish to use your own boat for fishing, you need to produce boat license, photographs and rental contract. Again, your fishing tour company can assist you for this.
Weather & Approvals
When you are going for deep sea fishing trips in Dubai then weather conditions must also be considered. Your trip will be subject to weather conditions and Dubai Coast Guards approval. Also carry your original passports with you. Dubai Coastguard may require these.
Best Fishing Time
To have the best fishing experience consider the time of year and day. In the winter, the fish are plentiful and enjoy the warmer temperatures nearer to the surface. You are brighter chances of catching plenty of large fish.
During the summer months, the fish go deep into sea, as the water begins to get hot on the surface. Therefore in summer, the best time for deep sea fishing is before sunrise or after sunset. Full moon nights are also a very good time to go deep sea fishing.
In terms of your own preparation, do remember to get dressed according to the season. Dubai weather is usually warm so lightweight summer clothing could be your choice, but you may need warmer clothes like a sweater or jacket on a fishing trip in the winter months. Also take extra clothes if you have kids with you on these trips.
Common Fishing Spots in Dubai
There are numerous fishing spots in the UAE. In this post we will focus on fishing spots in Dubai. We have highlighted few spots in the above picture and given their short description below.
- Garhoud Bridge: This place is located in the heart of Dubai. You can fish on both side of the bridge. The kind of fish found in this are include: Qabit, Nagroor, Tilapia and few Hammour – if you are lucky.
- Al Maktoum Bridge: This place is not as comfortable as the above. It is quite hot and pressurized during summer. Here you will find Qabit, Barracuda, Tilapias, Dorado, Kingfish and Queen Mackerel.
- Around Shindagha Tunnel: This place is very comfortable and closer to the community – ideal for long sitting and fishing large Barracudas.
- Jumeirah Spot 1: This place is good for fishing early in the morning. Water and its color is amazing. But be careful this place is little rocky too. Here you will find Qabit and Barracudas.
- Jumeirah Spot 2: This place is rocky and not very comfortable too. You can get Sultan Ibrahim, some Barracuda and also Stingray.
- Al Sufouh Beach: This is a nice location especially because it has a long beach and soothing winds. You can sit comfortably, relax and enjoy fishing for long hours. Here you may find Nagroor, Tilapia and few Hammour.
- JBR Breakwater: Worth visiting place for big King Fish, Tuna and several other species.
- Dubai Creek and beyond Jebel Ali Free Zone: These are nice and calm place. You can catch Kingfish and Hammour here.
I would love to hear from you so feel free to give me a call at +971-50-4501340